Saturday, March 7, 2009

HELP! I need this house!!! any ideas???

Ok, so I found this perfect house, its right up the road from my parents, and its a white cape cod, with green shutters...it was built in 1952 and the original owners have been the only ones that have lived in it...
I went and looked at it today and met the owner, she knew my grandmother who also had lived very close to her for years and years. The house has knotty pine panelling in the living room and kitchen, very retro though ( I LOVE RETRO), the bathrooms and kitchen are original the way they owners chose it all to be, she said that they spent hours choosing the right light fixtures to match the new england/williamsburg style...it's so cozy and homey, but the perfect size for me and my 6 kids, it would be a great new fresh start....
it has a little sunroom, and a patio, little fenced in backyard with pine trees for the kids to climb and play under, it has 2 stairways to the big unfinished but really nice waterproofed basement, there is a pingpong table and a pooltable (old and dilapidated though) and the owner said that in the 50's and 60's her kids always had friends over there to hang out, it was the youth center in town before the actual youth center was built :)My kids could ride their toys down there the big kids could have a band down there!
I love histroy, i love retro, i love the little black and white tiled bathrooms with old sinks and tile walls, i love all the big closets, there are 2 bedrooms downstairs one for me, one for Libby, then there is an eat in kitchen with a built in kitchen table....a huge massively big (for me anyway) living room with a fireplace and knotty pine walls on one side. laundry room off the kitchen.
then, upstairs there is a big bedroom that has 2 closets and a back door leading to a veranda on top of the sunroom, perfect for Sky, my 16 year old, he can go out there and play guitar on the veranda at night, then the other bedroom up stairs is huge, perfect for 2 bunkbeds with room to spare, lots of room for dressers, toys shelves, and a little hidden room that used to be used for the original owners kids playroom, it has a little window and 40's style flooring with nursery rhymes on it. also there are no dormer windows on the front, but the front has this storage area that spans the entire width of the house, perfect for toys, seasonal storage of clothes, snowboards, whatever...the kids could have a hideout in there, it is lighted and you can stand up and walk in it, it has slanted walls though, because of the roof, it is a capecod...both upstairs bedrooms have door to that area. The upstairs bathroom is 9x12 about the size of my 4 year olds bedroom in our old house (my husbands house)so it is big and spacious perfect for 6 kids...2 big linen closets! :) I love it!
now, how do i get funding for this house? My credit is screwed, i have no job (but am going to school to be an RN) and also want to further my education to BSN and then ultimately midwifery, Nurse Practitioner, maybe Nurse anesthetist.
But how does a student single mom of 6 kids get a loan? I am trying to find a job as a CNA just have to take the state exam this month to get certified, just graduated from my class feb 24th.
I know I can pay the payments, but maybe the lady (owner) will accept 150k? then the payments would be really affordable, but who would give me a loan????
The owner is in her 80's living in an assisted living home, her grown children live away from here and are helping her to sell it, it needs some work to the front porch, the kitchen floor, the roof on the sunroof (floor of veranda) needs painting, but she said she will do all that. The owner said she would love someone in the house who appreciates it, she said she gets herself"all worked up" thinking about the new owners painting over the knotty pine wood panelling, I would NEVER do that, I love wood, I love earthy old fashioned things, the house would be PERFECT for me, the lady would love for me to own it, we have a lot in common, we love books, reading, we both have/had lots of childrens books....I could live there until I am in my 80s and beyond! :)
I know her children wont let her give the house away...but i need help, i dont know where to start....
I wish I knew of a way, of a way to get a loan, or funding...
anyone have any ideas?
the house is 2300 square feet, it is so perfect for me and the kids, there is a mudroom off the driveway for the kids to come into, there is the school bustop right in front of the house, my 11 year olds best friend lives right across the street, there are smaller children right next door for my youngest kids to play with, my parents live right around the corner, my kids elementary school is right down the road.
Anyone want to give me a loan? I am good for it, really, I can pay about 1000k a month....
i swear, i am good for it, i could walk to town from this house and save on gas, i am going to school to be able to fully support myself and my kids....
i am strong willed, determined and focussed, i am loving and honest, and kind...
i really want this house, right now I am living in my parents house, which is fine for temporary....me and 4 kids in one room in the basement on a sofa bed and air mattresses, and my 2 oldest kids are in my parents guest bedrooms upstairs...they said they will help with everyday expenses, but they are not rich, my dad is retired from the government, they live on a fixed income.
ok...well if anyone of my friends has any creative ideas or knows of someone who can give me a 150k loan, let me know...
540-305-4745
Sara :)
namaste~
peace*love*light*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
vegan, mama, lover of music and kindness, lover of sunsets, trees, the ocean, nature in all its splendor, animals, lightbearer, empath